Tuesday, July 24, 2007

and more up close and personal...




after a long day, we were on our way home and saw a big 'huba baloo' at the Capitol. There was more security than usual [if you can believe that!] and more people standing around seeming to be waiting for something. I told Jeff and the girls to head on home and that I would meet them there, and that I was going to scope out the scene. So I hung out at the Capitol--Jamie, tell John that all the motorcycle cops ride Harleys!-- then all of the sudden a bunch of suits came out of the Capitol and walked right in front of me across the street- turns out the Democrats had just passed the Minimum wage increase from $5.15 to $5.85 and they were doing some celebrating with a bit of a rally! Since no more 'regular' people on the Capitol steps, the Senators and Reps have to come to the people...in the photos are Teddy Kennedy, Speaker Pelosi, Harry Reid, Rangle, and some others that I should probably know that I don't remember.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John says they all ride Harley Road Kings. (Like the one we rode up to Prescott on.) Glad to hear it was only a celebration and not a protest. I would hate to have to send your bail money via Western Union! ;-)